24-Hour Emergency Eyecare at Vision Care Associates
If you are experiencing an ocular emergency, we are here to help!
Vision Care Associates is pleased to offer 24-hour emergency eye services. We understand accidents and issues can occur at any time of the day. If you are suffering from what you consider to be an urgent eye situation, then please call our office at 913-441-3937. We will do our best to see you on the same day if you call during normal office hours. If your emergency occurs after hours, please follow the prompts from our answering service and the on-call doctor will assist you.
- Mondays: 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Tuesdays: 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Wednesdays: 10:00am – 7:00pm
- Thursdays: 10:00am – 7:00pm
- Fridays: 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am – 1:00pm
What is an eye emergency?
An eye emergency is any problem related to your eye or vision that requires immediate attention. The doctor will assess your concern and determine if you need to be seen right away or within 24 hours.
Examples of eye emergencies:
- Abrupt loss of vision
- New onset of light flashes or floaters in your vision
- Noticing a veil or curtain in your vision
- Eye pain associated with trauma, light sensitivity, or redness
- Foreign body “stuck” in the eye